OUR EGGSTRAVAGANT CHOCOLATE MARTINI RECIPE
With Easter hopping towards us, we’re getting into the spirit with this truly extravagant Easter Martini. Photographer and fellow lover of an opulent cocktail, Nathan Michael, has outdone himself with a martini worthy of the Easter Bunny himself.
Don’t let the children have all the chocolate egg fun this year; put them to good use with the below recipe, served in our equally decadent Fluted Coupe.
Easter Egg Martini
- 70 ml Cashew or Hazelnut Milk
- 50g Dark Chocolate (Leftover Easter Eggs work best!)
- A handful of Chocolate Mini Eggs
- 2 tsp of Honey
- 60ml of Five Farms Irish Cream, or an Irish Cream of your choice
- 30ml of Vodka
- A handful of ice cubes
- Warm your milk in a small saucepan just up to simmering point. Pour the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and stir to melt with the milk. Set aside to cool.
- Crush the chocolate mini eggs in a food processor or by hand and pour onto a plate. Top the rim of your two Fluted Coupes with honey and then softly dip the coupes into the crushed mini eggs to create a chocolate rim. You can build this chocolate rim to be as thick as you would like, taking care to press the chocolate pieces into the honey if you prefer a heftier garnish or these are at risk of falling off.
- Pour the homemade Chocolate Milk, Irish Cream, and Vodka into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake well for 10 seconds.
- Strain into your Fluted Coupes and enjoy!