International Business Development Manager
Based in West London, Richard Brendon launched in 2013 to create contemporary and timeless tableware, produced entirely by master craftspeople around the world.
As an internationally celebrated brand, Richard Brendon products challenge perceptions of what traditional materials such as bone china and crystal look like. We work with some of the leading hotels, restaurants, retailers and interior designers around the world to bring modern and progressive bone china and crystal glassware to a whole new audience.
At Richard Brendon, we always seek out the finest materials and work with highly skilled craftspeople to produce pieces of exceptional quality. We care deeply about the provenance of our products and are committed to working with, and supporting, the heritage craft industries that make them. By bringing together contemporary design and traditional craftsmanship, we believe it is possible to create timeless collections.
The role of International Business Development Manager is fundamental to the successful growth, profitability and visibility of the brand. You will be responsible for developing and executing a sales strategy to achieve the business’ financial targets. Duties will include managing the sales team, chairing weekly sales meetings, tracking and analysing sales data, managing the sales budget and regular sales forecasting, building strong relationships with customers, organising trade shows and understanding customer needs. You will be required to travel extensively, and you will be one of the faces of the brand, so it is essential you live and breathe the brand purpose, vision and values.
You will be a leader; managing and mentoring the sales team will be fundamental to the success of the business and the key to exceeding targets. You will be responsible for executing international market development and achieving sales objectives working closely with, and managing, agents and distributors as well as working directly with retailers and hospitality clients in various markets. You will be required to identify key areas of improvement using your knowledge, conducting market research and doing thorough sales analysis to inform business strategy.
The role offers an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial and ambitious candidate to join a fast growing business in a senior position. Your actions will help us to achieve our mission and you will see the results of your work.
YOUR KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY WILL BE:
Strategy – you will be required to work with the CEO and Commercial Director to create and update a sales strategy that achieves the business’ financial targets.
Retailer relationships - you will be required to work with retailers on brand placement, assortment suggestion, turnover awareness and retail analysis. Implementation of POS display and strong brand presentation will be very important to achieving sales targets.
Agents and distributors relationships- you will be responsible for managing and identifying international agents and distributors in multiple segments: Wine related partners, retail and hospitality…
Managing the sales team - you will be responsible for managing, mentoring and motivating the sales team. You will asses their work plans, set KPIs, conduct quarterly reviews and help them with their personal development.
Trade shows and events – You will work closely with the Head of Marketing to organize and plan our participation in key international trade fairs.
CRM – you will be responsible for making sure the sales CRM is being used and updated correctly, so that sales outreach can be assessed and marketing activities are as effective as possible.
Travel – you will be required to travel extensively, often on your own, to meet with retailers, hospitality clients, agents, distributors and trade shows. The USA is a major focus and you will need to have a strong understanding of this market and spend considerable time in this market. You may be required to travel as 1 week per month?
- Previous experience successfully managing sales teams, ideally from the same or a similar industry.
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business.
- Proven experience managing relationships with key clients relevant to our customer types.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis.
- Experience working with the US retail and hospitality markets.
- Comfortable dealing with major US retailer requirements (Department Stores, Chain Stores, etc.).
- Knowledge of tabletop market and key competitive brands.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
- Strong organisation and leadership skills alongside an ability to inspire the sales teams.
- Outstanding communication, friendly outlook and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent time management.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mind set.
- Data and reporting, including intermediate Excel skills– you must be numerate, analytical and have strong reporting skills. You will be required to report monthly on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances. You will be required to use this data to adapt your sales strategy to ensure sales targets are achieved.
WHY WORK FOR RB?
- Fast paced entrepreneurial environment where you will see your actions growing and developing the business. Your actions will be implemented fast as there are not multiple layers of bureaucracy and red tape.
- Fast growing start-up, approximately 100% growth year on year.
- Fast growing team and opportunity to manage others and become part of senior management as the business grows.
- Relaxed work environment.
- We have amazing customers, we work with many of the best hotels, restaurants and retailers in the world. Customers include: The Four Seasons, Harrods, The Conran Shop, etc.
- Competitive salary with performance-based incentives.
- 25 holiday days per year plus Bank Holidays.
Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.